Auburn Middle School Athletics
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19/Coronavirus
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious, and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing (six feet or greater) and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Auburn Middle School has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Auburn Middle School cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending and/or participating in Auburn Middle School programming could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Auburn Middle School programming and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Auburn Middle School programming may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to school employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance during Auburn Middle School programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Auburn Middle School, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Auburn Middle School, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Auburn Middle School programs.
Signature of Parent/Guardian Date (Printed)
Name of Parent/Guardian Name of Participant(s)
Auburn Middle School Athletics
● Hand sanitizer will be available before, during, and after each session
● No sharing of clothing (Scrimmage Vests, Jackets, etc.)
● Each student must have their own water bottle
● There will be no locker room usage
● Student athletes are encouraged to shower at home after each training session
● Spitting is NOT allowed under any circumstances
● All coaches will be provided with disinfecting supplies in addition to medical kits that will be on site at each workout
● Equipment will be cleaned and wiped down after each session based on CDC guidelines
MASKING AND SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS
Auburn Middle School will be following MPA Return to Participation guidelines during our Athletics activities.
● When not engaged in high-intensity activity, all student athletes must be wearing a mask
● Social distancing must be maintained when feasible during activities. No hugging, high
fives, shaking hands, or fist bumps for support/encouragement.
● Student athletes should bring their own mask for every session
● Disposable masks should be thrown out when appropriate
● Cloth masks should be washed daily
● Masks should be worn properly (Covering nose and mouth at all times)
FOOD & HYDRATION
● No food including sunflower seeds or gum, unless necessary for a medical condition
● Student athletes must provide own water bottle for each workout session
● NO parents or spectators are allowed at sessions
● Screening should be performed prior to arrival by using the COVID-19 Pre-Screening Tool used for School Attendance
● Record of attendance will be kept on file by the coach(es)
OTHER POINTS OF NOTE
● There will be NO CONGREGATING before or after a session. Student athletes should show up at their designated time and then leave campus at the conclusion of their activity
● All activities must occur after school
● Students are only to come to activities on the days they are in school (M/T or Th/F).
Remote students can pick one of those two groups to be a part of.
● Students will need to bring a completed COVID-19 Waiver to their first session.