Auburn Middle is excited to announce that we are working toward full implementation of School-Wide PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports). We have a planning team consisting of faculty, staff, administration, students, our School Resource Officer, and will be looking for a few parents to join the team. Benefits of PBIS include:
All students enhance their social, emotional, and behavioral competence by
- Regularly reviewing their school’s agreed upon school-wide social values.
- Frequently experiencing specific recognition when they engage in expected behavior
- Extending expected behaviors to all parts of the school, especially in classrooms, to enhance their academic engagement and success
- Experiencing predictable instructional consequences (reteaching) for problem behavior without inadvertent rewarding of problem behavior
- Using a common language for communication, collaboration, play, problem solving, conflict resolution, and securing assistance
The PBIS team meets every Tuesday from 2:25-4:00pm and parents are welcome to join us.
For more information, please contact Bob Griffin or visit the national PBIS website at www.pbis.org
An important component of PBIS is that all staff members are working with common definitions of behaviors and that staff have a clear understanding of which behaviors are classroom managed and which are office managed. This is a draft of our behavior document.